Teach Special Education in Oregon

Teach Special Education in Orego

Add a Special Education endorsement to your license

Do you have a passing for working with students with special learning needs? You can add a Special Education (SPED) endorsement in the following ways:

  1. As a special endorsement added during a teacher licensure program
  2. As a stand alone endorsement following completion of a teacher licensure program
  3. As a specialization within a Master of Education (M.Ed.) program (typically for those who have already earned preliminary licensure as part of a bachelor’s degree program)

A few Master of Arts in Teaching programs offer the SPED endorsement in conjunction with the Preliminary Teaching License program. Earning the SPED endorsement enhances your chances of gaining employment.

Testing Information Testing Information
Teaching Programs Teaching Programs
Teacher Salary Information Teacher Salary Information

OregonTeachingDegree.com is intended to provide information on becoming a teacher in Oregon and the state's NCATE-accredited teacher education programs.
For additional information on the process of becoming a teacher in Oregon, visit the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission website.
Teacher Standards and Practices Commission is Oregon's licensing agency for all educators.